Output 1: Teaching activities on values in design
A collection of 28 teaching activities and a series of case descriptions illustrating how these activities can be put into practice in the classroom. The collection is accompanied by learning outcomes structured in a curriculum compass outlining some of the core competencies to become a responsible designer. The teaching resources can be accessed at teachingforvaluesindesign.eu.
Output 2: Report 1 – Desk research on teaching and assessing for values in design in higher education
The reports present and analyse the current status of research, innovative practices and best practices on value-sensitive design, and the teaching of value-sensitive design, and how it is being assessed.
– Report 1 part I: Desk research on teaching for values in design in higher education
– Report 1 part II: Desk research on assessment activities for teaching for values in design in higher education
Output 3: Assessment activities and criteria
A collection of 12 assessment activities providing summative, formative, ipsative and authentic assessment forms connected to the teaching activities. The assessment activities can be accessed at teachingforvaluesindesign.eu.
Output 4: Report 2 – Evaluation of pilot testing of the teaching and assessment activities
The report presents an overview of the development and evaluation procedure for the teaching and assessment activities including results from the pilots.
– Report 2: Evaluation of pilot testing of the teaching and assessment activities
Output 5: Communication strategy
A communication strategy for internal and external communication of project results during and after the project period.
– The VASE project web site
Output 6: Open Educational Resource (OER)
The teaching resources and assessment activities are published as an open educational resource made freely accessible online.
– Teaching for values in design : creating conditions for students to grow into responsible designers and developers of future technologies
Output 7: Report 3 – Transferability and sustainability plan
The report includes a summary of the results achieved in the project. It also includes a sustainability report presenting strategies for reaching out with the project results.
– Report 3: Transferability and sustainability plan
A webinar launching the open educational resource and discussing the results of the project. A LinkedIN community of teachers interested in teaching about values in design was established.
– Webinar presenting the Open Educational Resource for Teaching for Values in Design
– LinkedIN community: Teaching for values in design in higher education